As summer approaches, we can look forward to more places opening up to the public and as ever, we are surrounded by a great choice of events.
– Welcome back Clock Tower! This historic gem located near the St Albans Abbey, is reopening to the public this week. Climb the 93 steps to the viewing platform and feast your eyes on the pretty sights of the city. Open Saturdays/Sundays/Bank Holidays (small charge applies)
– The Wizard of Oz is being performed at the Alban Arena on Monday/ Tuesday 1st/2nd May. Tel; 01727 844488 www.alban-arena.co.uk
– Chris and Pui Roadshow (from Cbeebies) at the Alban Arena on Sat 7th May. Tel 01727 844488 www.alban-arena.co.uk
– Roman Discovery Talks at the Verulamium Museum on Sat 7th May at 3pm www.stalbansmuseums.org.uk
– Heartwood Forest BLUEBELL EVENT on Sun 8th May at 11pm – 3pm (self-guided trail with activities for children). see www.woodlandtrust.co.uk for history on this forest
– Beating the Bounds – ancient ceremony starting from Kingsbury Watermill in St Michael’s Village on Sun 8th May at 2pm. This. 2 mile walk is led by the Mayor and officers of St Albans District Council.
– St Albans Charity Cycle Ride on Sun 15th May. Starting point Oaklands College, Hatfield Rd from 8.45am See www.saccr.co.uk for full details
– HOT MIKADO – St Albans Operatic Society perform at the Alban Arena from Tues 10th – Sat 14th May. Tel; 01727 844488 or www.alban-arena.co.uk
– NOISY KIDS Concert for Children on Sun 15th May from 2.30pm – 4.30pm. More details on www.saso.org.uk
– CINDERELLA by the Vienna Festival Ballet Co at the Alban Arena on Sun 28th May at 2.30 and 7.30pm www.alban-arena.co.uk
Many more events and updates on www.stalbans.gov.uk